Finding and using a sulfate-free shampoo is not as much of a challenge as you might think. More and more brands that we all know are coming out with a sulfate-free version of their product. It might take you a bit of time to get used to shampoo without SLSs, but your scalp will thank you.
Common brands with sulfate-free (also written as “no SLSs”) items:
- Tigi Rockaholic Livin’ the Dream Sulfate-Free Shampoo (Target, 8.45 oz. for $13.95)
- CHI Rx Moisture Therapy Shampoo (Target, 10 oz for $8.99)
- Bubble Shack Hawaii carries a variety of soaps (Target, 3 bars for $15)
- L’Oreal EverPure and EverStrong are their lines that carry sulfate-free hair care items (found almost everywhere, MSRP $6.99 for the shampoo. Also 100% vegan!)
- Redken Nature’s Rescue Refreshing Detox Shampoo (Ulta, 6.8 oz for $16. Also paraben & silicon free!)
- As well as most of the items from ALTERNA, Organix, Burt’s Bees, Blow Hair Care, Carol’s Daughter, Philosophy, HerCut, KeratinPerfect, Living Proof, Phyto, and Samy products (all of these can be found at Ulta and/or Sephora).