Alexis over at The Beauty Bean has inspired a makeup free revolution. For her, it all started when she was in a rush to get to a meeting and apologized for her lack of makeup when she got there. When her male collegue said he didn’t even notice, that got her thinking and thus, Makeup Free Mondays were born.
The Beauty Bean insists that it is easy to participate in MFMs and encourages women to not be ashamed to go bare faced in public. They have assembled some steps for participating:
1. Don’t wear makeup on Mondays (or use less for those who need to do this in baby steps).
2. Stop apologizing for not wearing makeup, no matter what day of the week it is.
3. Organize official Makeup Free Mondays at your school, place of employment or with your friends.
4. Encourage conversations about real beauty and better body image within your own families and friendships.
6. Donate unopened and unexpired makeup to your local women’s shelter, Dress for Success chapter or similar women’s program. Though The Beauty Bean focuses on inner beauty, we know that the confidence a polished look can give is something all women deserve.
For more information or to learn how you can get involved, email them at RealBeauty@TheBeautyBean.com
I first heard about this beauty initiative last week and I really want to participate, but I totally forgot about it this morning. I would do it tomorrow but I have a big meeting with an important client, so I’ll push it off until Wednesday.
Are you going to go makeup free?